Freeze-drying process, that consists in the complete dehydratation of frozen raw materials by sublimation under vacuum, ensures to the finished product following advantages:
- nutritional value and organoleptic quality equal to those present in the fresh starting product;
- reduced weight for the absence of water and thus easily manageable and more economic transportable;
- the absence of water prevents the development of bacteria;
- ease of use: the product is reconstitued with the addiction of water alone;
- long shelf life: the absence of "free water" allows the freeze-dried product can have a long shelf life up to 18 months;
- easy storage: the freeze-dried product does not require cold chain, it is sufficient store it in a dry place at room temperature, with consequent reduction of the costs of storage.
regeneration of the freeze-dried product:
- Place the freeze-dried mozzarella in plentiful lukewarm water;
- Wait about 30 minutes (even if the product remains in the water for a long time, it absorbs only the water present in the fresh starting product);
- Drain the mozzarella and use it.
Regenerating 1 kg of freeze-dried product it can obtained approssimately 2 kg of "fresh" mozzarella.
Mozzarella, once regenerated, assumes all the characteristics of the fresh product and can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.